At Waddesdon Manor we are committed to providing an accessible attraction for all, and try to ensure everyone can enjoy their visit while with us. Accompanying Carers receive free entry.
For any additional support for your visit please email email@example.com or call us on 01296 820414.
For full accessibility details please see our downloadable guides below.
From Wed 22 July - Accessible shuttle bus
Shuttle bus tickets must be booked in advance with your Grounds ticket. Capacity on the buses is limited to allow for social distancing. Bus tickets cannot be purchased on the day.
We’ve a regular free shuttle bus service to transfer you from the visitor car park to the House. This is fully accessible. Each bus has ramps and dedicated spaces for up to two wheelchairs. Buses run every five minutes from the car park to the North Fountain, returning via the Stables and back to the car park.
The House is a short walk of 100m (on a flat surfaced path, with gravel in front of the house) from the North Fountain.
Assistance dogs are allowed on the shuttle buses.
Pick up for free on your arrival
Something that can be enjoyed by everyone, the sensory map explores nature through senses such as touch, smell, sound and sight. The map unlocks Waddesdon’s landscapes and corners of the grounds that you may not have previously explored using Widgit symbols to make it visually accessible for all.
Accessibility at a glance
- designated parking spaces for Blue Badge holders and ‘limited mobility’ in our main visitor car park
- please use the shuttle bus to transfer to the house and gardens
- each shuttle bus has ramps and dedicated spaces for up to two wheelchairs
- on arrival at the Welcome Pavilion in the visitor car park
- at the house via a tunnel walkway
- at the Stables courtyard
- changing places toilet in the house, please ask a member of the shop staff for access
In the grounds:
- accompanying carers receive free entry to the grounds
- indoor and outdoor wheelchairs available for use, on a first come, first served basis
- if you need assistance between the North Fountain and the Manor, please ask a member of staff
- we have steep and uneven paths on the way to the Stables and down to the Dairy
- the boardwalk through the woodland playground is steep in places
- the pedestrian path from the Powerhouse to the Stables is steep in places
In the house:
- accompanying carers receive free entry to the house
- platform lift enables entry via the main entrance of the house
- inside the house there’s step free access and a lift to the first floor
- large print information available in most rooms
- some rooms inside the house have low levels of lighting
- handling collection available for visually impaired visitors – please book in advance
- walking frames are allowed in the house
- all large bags must be left at Visitor Information located near the Manor entrance
- some walkways through the rooms are quite narrow, so carry chairs and seat sticks are not allowed
My Waddesdon Checklist
Download our Waddesdon Checklist in advance of your visit. Cut out pictures of what you would like to see or do and then fill in your checklist once you have done them.
We’re committed to providing a website that adheres to strict web accessibility standards and is accessible to the widest possible audience.
We hope you’ve found all the information you need in relation to accessibility. If you have any questions, or would like to contact us in advance of your visit, please call 01296 820414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org