Weekend parking for Christmas Carnival
Please read this important information about special parking arrangments for weekends until 16 December 2018
At weekends this Christmas, regular visitors will find their usual route to our car park is closed. We expect weekends to be busy so please note that entry into Waddesdon’s car parks will only be from Waddesdon Hill, this is 1 mile to the east of Waddesdon village in the direction of Aylesbury. (Marked in yellow on the map above).
To help keep the traffic flowing:
- please follow YELLOW EVENT SIGNS and directions from the team who are there to help you into our car parks
- please DO NOT follow SATNAV once you reach Waddesdon village
- please do not attempt to turn in at the War Memorial into Silk Street
- whichever way you approach Waddesdon please follow the YELLOW EVENT SIGNS and directions from our team
80 Blue Badge parking spaces will be available on a first come first served basis. Drivers should follow the YELLOW EVENT SIGNS and directions given by our car park team as above, and will be directed to the dedicated Blue Badge parking area near the shuttle bus stop.
If you don’t have a Blue Badge, but need a bit of extra assistance please make yourselves known to the car parking team, who will do their best to accommodate you when possible.
There are ticket offices and toilets in both Visitor Car Parks.
Getting to the Manor
Once you’ve parked and had your tickets checked, you will be directed to the Shuttle Bus or Walking Route to the Manor. Please note that the walk takes about 20 minutes. The path is festoon lit, with woodchip under foot and steep in places, because of the surface it is not suitable for pushchairs, wheelchairs or mobility scooters.
In order to help keep traffic flowing at closing time, please follow the YELLOW SIGNS and directions from our team who will help you find the fastest exit in the direction you need for onward travel:
- A41 towards Bicester and M40 towards Banbury
- A41 towards Aylesbury
- Waddesdon Hill towards Upper Winchendon, Thame and M40 towards London
Please note that you will be directed in the same way as all other traffic at the weekends, and staff will guide you to 14 spaces that are in the Visitor Car Park.